Responsive Web Design & Usability
Responsive web design (RWD) is a web design approach aimed at creating and transforming sites to provide an optimal viewing experience
For user this means
- easy reading relative to the platform they are viewing on
- navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across
- viewable on a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones)
Does this mean a Mobile Friendly Website?
Yes! Did you know 75% of customers prefer a mobile-friendly site?*
Users expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience.
Customer Research* has found that:
- 67% of customers visiting a mobile friendly site will make them more likely to buy a product or service
- 61% of customers not seeing what they are looking for in a mobile site will quickly move on to another site
*Source: Google, 2012